The MCN adheres to a set of core values we aim to see reflected in everything we do, and at every level--from the people we recruit, to the services we provide, and from our Board of Directors, to our summer interns.
1. The persistence of extreme global poverty is among the most pressing social injustices of our time.
2. Humanity has the technology and the resources to significantly reduce extreme poverty within our lifetimes.
3. The Millennial Generation has a unique role in the movement to end extreme poverty--they have the passion, the energy, and the opportunities for travel, study, and personal growth to make their efforts both effective and long-lived. They care about global issues, and are committing themselves in large numbers to global public service. And by working towards a world without poverty at this stage in their lives, they are not only making a difference today, they are laying the foundation for a lifetime of service.
4. Student groups working to end extreme poverty need proper tools, local knowledge, technical training, and a healthy dose of humility, not only to do the most good possible, but also to fulfill their responsibility to do no harm.
5. A deeply interconnected student movement is more effective than a fragmented one; only by working together can our generation end extreme poverty.
6. MCN staff, directors, advisers, and students can reduce extreme poverty most effectively and sustainably by working together, listening carefully, and valuing the agency of others.…