Sam Vaghar is a social entrepreneur committed to helping young leaders find their voice and own their power for social impact. Sam is the Executive Director and Co-founder of Millennium Campus Network (MCN), a global student network addressing humanity’s greatest challenges. Sam’s deeply held belief in youth leadership is informed by MCN’s programs which have engaged students from 300 universities worldwide, and by his own experience as a student leader co-founding MCN in his dorm room a decade ago. Under Sam’s leadership, the MCN convenes and trains over 1,000 campus leaders annually through its conference, Fellowship, and campaigns.
As MCN’s Executive Director, Sam represents MCN on the global stage, sharing MCN with US Presidents, US Embassies, the UN, and with CEOs of the world's leading companies and foundations. In 2011, Sam was invited by the State Department as the featured speaker in a tour across Bosnia and Herzegovina. During that summer Sam met with President Barack Obama in the Roosevelt Room at the White House to share perspectives of US youth leaders. In recognition of his leadership, Sam was selected for the 2012 list of the “Top 99 most influential foreign policy leaders under the age of 33″ by The Diplomatic Courier and Young Professionals in Foreign Policy. Through his talks on youth leadership and social impact, Sam has directly engaged over 25,000 people at over 100 institutions worldwide. Some notable talks include keynotes at:
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Four countries for the U.S. Department of State (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Morocco)
- The White House
- United Nations
- The Vatican
In addition to leadership with MCN, Sam serves in the following capacities:
- Advisor to the Executive Director of UN Women as one of the twelve members worldwide of her Advisory Group for the term 2017-2019.
- Steering Committee Member of the Opportunity Collaboration, with annual convenings in the U.S. and Mexico.
- Member, Board of Directors of FLIP National, a grassroots network supporting first-generation and low-income college students that was co-founded by MCN alumni.
- Advisory Board Member of the Regis College Honors Program.
Sam is a 2008 graduate of Brandeis University and holds an Honorary Doctorate from Becker College this May. More on Sam's story with MCN here.
Connect with Sam on social media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram.