Missed the previous Global Peace Webinar? Don't worry. We've pulled some of our favorite quotes and moments from the live session to catch you up.
Justin Renfro, our phenomenal guest speaker from Kiva Zip, shared his organization's innovative approach to micro-loans and entrepreneurship:
- What does it mean to transform entrepreneurship into a community effort and democratize capital?
- Risk tolerance enables us to go downstream and support MORE amazing start-ups and entrepreneurs that would otherwise be marginalized.
- Build communities around these entrepreneurs allows a more equitable funding landscape.
- Evidence of Kiva's wildly successful program.
- Curious for more? Watch the full recording below to hear from Justin and Katie, co-founder of AsylumConnect! Katie shares the rigorous process her organization has created to ensure the cultural competency of resources provided in the AsylumConnect Catalog 2.0. This is the first-ever, comprehensive and user-friendly catalog for LGBTQ asylum seekers.
What you can do: Know of an aspiring entrepreneur with a promising idea? Connect them with Kiva Zip. Justin and his team are always on the hunt for community-based business ventures to back.
Mark your calendars! We can't wait to share these exciting, upcoming webinars with you.